Wednesday, January 7, 2009

On the Bright Side

After writing a lengthy description about how everything seemed to go wrong this week, I started thinking about all the wonderful things that have happened, and I realized that although the events described in my last post tried my patience a little, I really had a lot of blessings from Heavenly Father in the last couple of weeks! First of all, I had the best Christmas break that I've had in a long time. I had a wonderful time with my parents; we made some good memories together, such as cutting down the Christmas tree (don't worry, this was a much more exciting event than it may appear!), going for walks, sword fighting with random household objects, and of course kicking their trashes at Scrabble AND Boggle! I had fun with my friends playing games, making books, learning spirited dances and reading old new year's predictions and making new ones (this year's theme is, "Someone loses an eye!").

When I got back to my current residence, I had a warm welcome and had some good times with my roommates. I spent most of the day on Saturday hanging out with a good friend, and finally got to go to Body Worlds (which was AMAZING!!!). My roommate let me use her car to drive to work, I didn't strangle any students (although I was seriously tempted to do so) and I got mostly caught up on grading. I was finally able to get my car back, and I drove home safely. I have a great support network of friends and family, who I am sure were prompted to call me and see how I was doing in the middle of my ridiculous ordeal. At the end of the day, I have my car back, I'm not broke despite my recent unexpected expenses, I still have a job, and I still have a testimony! Life is really pretty good! I'm beginning to feel a little guilty for complaining. Perhaps it isn't so bad since it helped me realize how good I have it and what little right I have to complain!

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

I can still bring you chocolate! It makes you feel even better about life! :)