Yes, yes I do! In fact, I think I've had one of those weeks! It all started when I left the marvelous land of Canadia. In order to get from my real home to my fake home, I had to get up at 4:30am EST and did not get to my fake home until about 11pm MST. For those readers who are not familiar with time zones and simple arithmetic, that means that I was traveling for 20.5 hours. I got home to a horribly messy room (this is of course my fault for leaving it that way) and it only got worse when I tried to unpack but actually just spread around my junk. I could hardly get into my room; it hasn't been that bad since I was a little girl! Well, I hung out with my roommates and went to sleep. In the morning, I got up to go to Body Worlds and lo and behold, my car was gone. It turns out that I was parked in that spot for way too long, and the city felt a need to tow it. Conveniently, they aren't open on weekends, and it was towed some time between 11 pm and 9 am Friday night, which means that I would be without a car until at least Monday. Well, on Monday, I couldn't get my car until after work since I have to be teaching before the Impound even opened, so my roommate was kind enough to let me borrow her car to drive to work. I had a horrible day of teaching and left work, hopeful to have my dear car returned to me. Unfortunately the with the snow storm (which really wasn't that bad, but since Utahns don't know how to drive in the snow, they compensate by driving ridiculously slow!) and typical rush hour traffic, I was about 10 miles away when the Impound closed, so I went home. Day 2, was more successful. I made it to the Impound, and my roommate met me there and drove her car away. We were fully expecting that the place I paid for the car would be the same place I would pick it up. Not so! After spending $310 to get my car back, they told me that I would have to go across town to actually get my car. I called my roommate and she was tied up for a while, but eventually came to my rescue and we went to the car lot. We arrived about ten minutes before they closed (what a blessing!) and I finally got my car back. When I finally arrived at home, I checked the mail and I got a bill for $240 for going to the doctor a few months ago when I thought I had strep throat, but actually didn't. I had insurance, and I thought I was supposed to have a simple 50 dollar co-pay, which I paid while I was there. Either I miss understood, or they made a large mistake. I never did actually cry, but I had the tight throat and slight difficulty breathing which is often associated with said expression of emotions!
Although this was not a pleasant experience, I don't think it would have set me out on the verge of tears except that my hormone levels have undoubtedly had a very steep descent, which will cause, in the course of the next few days, some severe hemorrhaging, pain and an uncanny appetite for chocolate! (My apologies to the men reading this. i.e. Blake!)
Amazingly, though, after recounting this tale of woe and sadness, I feel remarkably better and I think I'm ready to tackle the world!!!
3 comments:
If any one can survive it all and come out on top, it's you, Sarah! Hang in there, and tell everyone else to go stuff a duck!
I will!! I was watching something with my roommates and an old crazy guy said to the garbage man, "Hey, my taxes pay your salary!!" I laughed and thought of you...and of course Corner Gas!!
Need me to bring you chocolate? What kind do you like?
Post a Comment