Sunday, December 28, 2008
Quarter Life Crisis!!
As my twenty-fifth birthday is rapidly approaching, I am beginning to realize that I am, in fact, an adult. No more of this teenager nonsense. I'm not even a college student anymore. Interestingly enough, though, despite my recent efforts to dress my age, act my age (at least to some degree, but we all know I have a very youthful giggle!), and even wear make-up on occasion, I still appear to be mysteriously young for my age!!!!!! Today, I was at church in my home ward and my friend had left her purse at my house the evening before, so I borrowed my Dad's keys to get the purse from his car. A young woman in my ward, who I had not previously met, stopped me in the hall and said, "You drive??!!!???!!!" I responded with,"I think I'm a little older than you think I am." Before I even had the chance to tell her I was nearly 25, she said, "I thought you were fourteen!" Perhaps this will be a blessing when I am old and want people to think I am 30 when I am actually 40, but it's not exactly enjoyable at the moment! Therefore, instead of dreading my twenty-fifth birthday, and drawing nearer to my inevitable fate of becoming to cat (or perhaps 'possum) lady, I find myself anticipating my twenty-fifth birthday, and hoping, praying, wishing, yearning to look one more year older.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Enjoy looking young! Many women have paid millions of dollars to try to look younger and you come by it naturally!
Hey Sarah, what are you doing for New Year's Eve? If you're not doing anything else, you're welcome to come and spend it with us! We've got some friends coming over too. We'd love to have you! Let me know!
Rochelle, I would love to come, but I'll still be in Canada! I thought it would be more fun to spend my birthday at home than by myself in my apartment!
Hey Sarah! Happy Birthday! Do you have any pictures of yourself in make up? I'd like to see it! Hey, and just for the record, you look at least 17!
Yes it is a blessing and a curse!! Wish I could be there with you, as I feel more like a grandma here with all my little 18 and 19 year olds. So we can even each other out.
I hear you on that. I am 27 and still look like I am a teenager. When I was 20 someone told me they thought I looked 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ewe.
When do you get home? Give your parents a hug for me!
Post a Comment