About a year ago, my roommate and I were both quite sick. I remember quite clearly, one evening, coming home and sitting on the couch with were as we harmonized in our coughing and nose blowing and sneezing. The best part is that our other roommate was in her room, and was also sick, and she unintentionally participated in a three part harmony!! One roommate and I enjoyed the musical stylings so much that we wrote a song called, "Phlegm buddies." It went a little something like this:
Stauffer, you're my phlegm buddy
We are both sick and we both feel cruddy
There's so much mucus in our lungs that we can't breathe
But when we try to laugh like "Old men" we start to heave
Phlegm, Phlegm, Phlegm Buddies
Phlegm, Phlegm, Phlegm Buddies
We are all curled up on the couch watching a movie
Dreaming of a day when we both will feel groovy
When we laugh we start to cough in perfect harmony
And Rachel's cough pipes in; it's so darn funny
Phlegm, Phlegm, Phlegm Buddies
Phlegm, Phlegm, Phlegm Buddies
We had a good time and all of us got better shortly thereafter and went on to lead normal healthy lives. The last few days my thoughts kept going back to that beautiful day, snuggled in a blanket on the couch next to my equally sick and miserable roommate, because I have unfortunately returned to that sad state or phlegminess and have no one with whom to commiserate! I'm home alone on a Friday night with no desire whatsoever to leave my comfy couch or even attempt to look presentable to the public. It's nice to not be worried about making anyone else sick or to feel like the party pooper because a trip to the bathroom is about all the energy I have in me at the moment, but it's somehow still a little sad and lonely. I could use someone to make me laugh and take care of me the way my Mom always did when I was sick (and maybe give me a massage because I'm sore and achy all over).
Never you fear, though, this is the mighty Preteness whose undefeatable antibodies are currently waging war against this evil and paratisitic virus, and they will succed! Yes they will indeed. "98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed." I will soon be completely back to normal and I will be healthy, weathy and wise (well...maybe not the second one...or the last one...but when I'm not sick, I'll be healthy!).
2 comments:
Sorry you're not feeling well! Matt and Michael have been going through the same thing! I'd be happy to mother you if you need it! (I know I'm not as good as your Mom) Do you need me to bring you anything? I'm going to be going to Salt Lake tomorrow evening! I can drop off whatever you need on my way! Soup? Medicine? Cookies? (I have tons of cookies left over from a party I had! No promises that they'll cure anything, but they can't hurt!) Let me know! Have you ever tried Mucinex-DM? Matt says it works wonders! We actually have an extra bottle of it! Would you like it?
Sounds like fun! Don't worry Sarah, you'll feel better when you stop hurting. ;)
Post a Comment