One of my favourite things in the world is watching the snow fall gracefully to the ground and seeing the whole world covered in this brilliant and clean white powder (and then, of course, finding an empty parking lot in which to do lots and lots of donuts!!). It did snow once already this year, but it was back in October and it certainly did not stay long, so this is pretty much the first snow fall of the season! I love it! I was driving home today and found that the roads were mostly clear and traffic was moving and life was beautiful. Well, that is until I pulled off a main road to get into my driveway. Interestingly, I only had to drive about 20 ft, but I definitely got a wee bit stuck and had very limited control over where I parked in my driveway. Granted, I was trying to drive through 4+ inches of snow, I still felt a little silly. We'll see if I will be able to back out tonight. I should probably buy a shovel! It might be good form! Even though it can be a little scary driving in the snow, I think it is totally worth it! I wouldn't trade the snow for anything so trivial! You learn to drive in it, and then it doesn't feel terribly dangerous, just slower than usual! This is, of course, coming from the girl who learned to drive in Canada in January!
Anyway, snow is great and it makes it feel like Christmas might actually be coming! Woo hoo!
2 comments:
Yeah, a shovel would definitely be good form. Or better yet, find a boy to shovel it for it! Oooh! Or offer your students extra credit to shovel a "certain house" (but you probably shouldn't tell them it's yours).
Then again, as a science teacher, you should probably be doing things like building a solar panel powered driveway melter, or you could encourage global warming. That's really not very environmental, though. How could you, Sarah Prete? I'm disappointed in you! ;)
So, do you have a window scraper or is that on your list for Santa too?
How are you feeling? I was in Price on Saturday and I was telling Liz that you were sick and both of us were feeling bad for you!
We really need to get together sometime!
Are you heading to Kingston for Christmas?
Post a Comment