Sunday, November 30, 2008

...and we're back!!

Sorry about my last blog entry! It had a good message, but it was kind of full of typos! Anyway, I finally did make it off to France on Thursday and it was wonderful. The flight was long, but I met a nice man on the plane who is a very devoted Muslim and we talked religion quite a bit and I discovered that we have a lot of similarities. The man also studies other religions because he feels that he needs to do everything in his power to make sure that he has found to right religion. Well, before I left home, I felt prompted to bring along a missionary copy of the Book of Mormon. As I packed it, I told my roommate that there was about a 2% chance that I would actually give it away, but I would pack it anyway. I've never given a Book of Mormon to a stranger before, so it seemed highly unlikely that I would actually do it! Well, while I was talking to this man, I felt prompted to share a scripture from the Book of Mormon. I explained to him what the book was and shared the scripture and told him he could keep the book! It was exhilarating! He said he would read it, and I have no doubt that he will. I'll never know if anything will come of it, but it feels so good! When I arrived in Paris, every time I went on the Metro with my Dad, he would talk to people and give away copies of the Proclamation on the family, or pass along cards or whatever he felt like sharing. It was pretty fun!

So apart form missionary work, I had a great time! I got to see all kinds of sites including the Ecole Militaire with a big statue of Joffre (this probably only means something to people my readers who are familiar with Dad's research), the Eiffel Tower, Palais de Chaillot, Champs Elysee, Arc de Triomphe, Concorde, Catedrale de Notre Dame, Sainte Chapelle, Hotel de Ville, L'opera (we went to see an opera but we had really bad seats and it was more like a concert, but it was still cool!) Le Louvre, Versailles, and a few other places! I got to eat bagettes and cheese, real crepes, pain au chocolate, paninis and other French goodness! I brought back some camembert and another kind of cheese and some Nutella goodness too! Mmmmm good!

I got to spend some good quality time with my parents and it was so amazing! I'm exhausted, but I can't go to bed until tonight so I can get back onto a normal sleeping schedule!

5 comments:

Anna, Alyssa, or Rylee (or the whole trio!) said...

AUntie Sarah
Can you please look at my blog at www.annaalyssarylee.blogspot.com because no one checks it not even Anna! I am glad you had a great time in France
Alyssa

Blake said...

Yay! I'm so proud of you, Sarah! =D

The Doig family said...

Sounds like a great trip. With all you did while you were there it seems like you must have been there at least a week. I'm glad you got to go. Good luck recovering from jet lag.

Rochelle said...

Sarah, you forgot to pack ME in your suitcase! I would have fit! :) I'm glad you had fun! Good job on the missionary work!

bunkkiness said...

sounds like so much fun! yay! sounds like you guys fit a ton into a small amount of time. i am glad you got to go!