On Tuesday, I got a call from my brother saying he was going to visit my sister for the weekend and requested that I also go! I was up for the adventure! I can always use a little more teasing in my life! That is exactly what I got myself into! The evening started with some trick-or treating with my nieces and nephews, which is always a good time (especially when I get to follow the twins around and keep them focused on getting candy rather than playing in the leaves or fighting with each other)! When we got home, we wrote songs about Obama and McCain!! I spent most of the day on Saturday getting mauled by kids (some of them tackled me, others teased me and still others were "kissy monsters" which encouraged me to stand up where the attackers couldn't reach my face!). As usual, I was teased about my many boyfriends and my need to learn skills of motherhood since I will certainly be getting married to one of them in the near future!!
There was also a trial about whether or not I ever giggle. Issue X555 was voted on by each or my nieces and nephews that were here this weekend. All but one voted that I do in fact giggle and they presented eveidence against me. It turns out that I have been known to giggle once in a while!
Do you ever get the "laughies" in really inappropriate situations? I can usually control it, but when I'm around my family, I struggle. During sacrament meeting today, my nieces and nephews were making it really hard. First, my baby niece was dribbling milk out of her mouth and down her chin. She opened her mouth with a big milk bubble that pop and dripped off her chin. Then a piece of paper started seeping out of her mouth. My brother-in-law sitting behind me wasn't helping me keep it in. I had to crouch over, cover my mouth and breath really deeply to keep myself from laughing or snorting or anything else that might draw attention to myself. I could go on, but none of you proabable care, so I'll refrain! All of the kids had their moments that made it really hard for me to keep from laughing!
I also held and listened to a lot of screaming children! Some were tired, others hungry, others had diapers that were burning them. Some of them had been slapped, punched, hit, hair pulled or some other injury! All in all, though, it was a lot of fun!! (You realize I am writing this because all of them are currently reading over my shoulder!)
Life is pretty good! I'm not looking forward to going back to school tomorrow, but I'll probably survive! My students are starting to drive me a little crazy, but maybe with some prayer and some planning, I'll learn to love them more and be more patient with them!
I think that's about all! I hope my avid readers are satisfied! If not, I'm sorry my life isn't more interesting!! Keep posting your comments!! I love reading them!
2 comments:
Our votes about giggling aunt Sarah: Alyssa: you giggle like crazy, Austin: She giggles more than I eat, Becky: sorry I gotta vote with the crowd here, Rob: Do cat ladies giggle? Mark's vote: a diggity diggity diggity, Preston's vote: I don wanna go bed.
"As usual, I was teased about my many boyfriends and my need to learn skills of motherhood since I will certainly be getting married to one of them in the near future!!" ---Are you announcing your engagement?
Post a Comment