Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Paris holds the key to my heart!

I bet you're expecting some lovely blog entry about how much I am loving my trip to Paris! However, due to a series of unfortunate events, I am still in at home. My flight was canceled because of mechanical problems and it turns out that they couldn't get the part tonight! I was rebooked to fly out in the morning and go through Atlanta (not exactly on the way!) and I'll arrive on Friday morning. Thus, my trip is will be cut even shorter! After hearing the sad news and going back to my car, I discovered that I had left my lights on in my car and my battery was dead. I called my roommate to come and jump my car and as I waited, I couldn't help but just sit there in my car and laugh and laugh and laugh. It was one of those moments when everything was going wrong and the only thing left to do about it was laugh. When Karen arrived, I discovered that my car cannot be out into neutral without being turned on, and without moving the car the jumper cables wouldn;t reach, so we combined forces and stuck the jumper cables together and jumped my car! The sound of my engine turning over was the most beautiful and magical and inspiring sound of the evening. It's interesting to me that all of this happened to me the night before Thanksgiving. This kind of garbage always puts things into perspective for me and helps me realize how much the Lord really loves me! I mean, why should I complain that I have to wait an extra day to go to Paris. How blessed am I to be able to go in the first place. Why should I complain about a dead battery. I have friends around that are more than willing to rescue me from such circumstances. And as a result of all of this, I get to spend the night in my bed instead of on an airplane! Really, the Lord has blessed me with a lot, and there's no reason to be sad or miserable or mad! As my Dad always says, "You just have to roll with the punches!" My Dad. Smart man. Happy Thanksgiving all! Enjoy the gluttenous day of turkey goodness and remember all the beautiful things the Lord has done for you!

2 comments:

bunkkiness said...

You have a wonderful attitude about this. I would have been so upset... I am inspired by you! Sorry your trip is cut short, but it will be so fun anyway! Happy Thanksgiving!

The Doig family said...

I love that you love to laugh! Better than so many other options! Good luck with your travels when they get underway. Say hi to mom and dad!