Saturday, October 25, 2008

A night with the Bs

Today I decided to make the long trip down south to visit my sister and her nutty family. When I arrived, I had a very warm and (overly) enthusiastic welcome from my four-year-old twin nephews. I was definitely tackled repeatedly and ordered to chase them around and tickle them until they could hardly breathe. I suppose this is a slight improvement to being a punching bag to their seven-year-old brother. After the twins calmed down a little, the oldest member of the family resumed her role as official tease in the family. She teased me about my height (she's ten and is probably only an inch or less shorter than I am), and how I look like a middle schooler. I sent and received secret emails to one nephew and made newscasts with my niece. Together, we of sourse celebrated BYUs win over UNLV today (which was far more exciting to everyone than the World Series game, except of course my brother-in-law!) My sister was so enhausted from their trip back from London that she went to bed and I resumed my role as official party president (clealry with the help of my oldest niece, who is my vice president, and is always searching desparately for an excuse to extend her bedtime). I had a well needed chance to relax and hang out with the family. Even though it's always an adventure with the Bs, I enjoy every minute of it!!!

4 comments:

bunkkiness said...

so you did decide to go! i am glad you have family so close.

Anna, Alyssa, or Rylee (or the whole trio!) said...

Sarah Did you get married or something cause our family is tatally not nutty

Anna, Alyssa, or Rylee (or the whole trio!) said...

Hey Every One Check out Sarah's Real blog @ http://www.evilbioh.blogspot.com/

The Doig family said...

Hi Sarah, I didn't even realize you had a blog which you post on yourself. Sounds like a fun evening with the Bs. Curious about your life. Keep in touch.