Saturday, May 30, 2009

There were never such devoted sisters!!!!

When I was 8 or 9 years old, I remember my sister had come home from BYU for Christmas and I snuggled on her lap while we watched White Christmas. I remember spending the rest of her visit at home singing "Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters..." That same sister and I have always been close. She claims that she changed my diapers almost as much as my Mom did. She gave me baths and took care of me. When I was a little older, we used to claim that we were twins in the pre-existance, but when we had to go down to Earth I got scared and waited to come down after the rest of our siblings. We would tell each other how much we loved each other by stretching out our arms as far as we could. Since she had a much larger arm span, she, of course, won most of the time. When she was on her mission, we would write letters using arrows going infinitely in both directions to show each other how much we loved each other. However, since she is so much older than me, our relationship was much more like a mother-daughter relationship than a sistely one (this is manisfested every time I visit because she occassionally slips and calls me by her daughter's name). As I've grown up, I have learned to love her and appreciate how similar we really are. For some reason, even though we're in very different places in our lives and we don't live close and I only talk to her about once a month at best, I feel like I can talk to her about anything and she understands me and where I'm coming from better than anyone else! I love my sisters and I am so lucky to have them.

1 comment:

The Doig family said...

I love you, Sarah! And I'm all choked up, so I that's all I'll say.