Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Heaven

Summer has never felt so good! As a teacher in Utah, I'm not paid well, I work way more hours than I'm paid for, I'm pushed to my limits in more ways than I could have imagined, but it's all worth it to have my summers off!! I didn't really know what I would do with myself all summer, and I've finally come to the conclusion that I'm just going to do whatever the heck I want!! Now, keep in mind that although a few days of lying around doing very little is highly appealing, it gets old...really fast. I have always been one to want to stay busy beause productivity makes me happy! I have several projects in the works. I have already read 3 books, and plan on reading more. I plan on volunteering at the hospital (and if everything goes as planned, this will continue throughout the school year!). I'll finally get to some sewing I've been meaning to do, and some experimentation in the kitchen. I have started jogging again, which I love, even though it's really hard to get back into it! I plan to write a song or two for my students and and get some other stuff ready for next year. I have also committed myself to to an audio recording of a book in exchange for a sewn dress and bonnet for our upcoming Pioneer Trek. Although many of these things seem boring and mundane, I'm loving it and I'm loving to freedom and flexibility the summer offers!!

Today, I going to spend the day with my sister and her kids in Salt Lake, which I'm excited about!! In fact, I need to go now to meet them!

No comments: