Being single, Valentine's day is not exactly a highly anticipated holiday. I don't have a big problem with it, but I occasionally feel like kind of a loser when I spend the holiday by myself or with my equally single roommates eating ice cream and watching a chick flick. This year, however, Valentine's day was a beautiful day of love and joy and joyness. First of all, on Valentine's Eve, we had a rockin' party at my house. I had a blast and got to spend some quality time with some good friends and make some new ones! I got in some much needed testosterone, without any of the males in my life that make social settings complicated (you know who I'm talking about!). Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to avoid anyone, it's just nice to have a nice, simple, uncomplicated event where I don't feel obligated to do anything or talk to anyone in particular!
What really topped off my Valentine's weekend was the love I felt from my family. I went to my sister's house and when I rang the doorbell, I heard a "Thump, thump, thump, scramble, scramble, SARAH, SARAH, SARAH'S HERE!!!" When they opened the door I heard and saw three screaming little boys running around trying to get me to chase them around the kitchen and family room and tickle them and pick them up and throw them on the couch. They eventually got me on to the ground and dog piled on me, and made me stand up and give them a piggy back ride and again throw them on the couch. I got to make a movie with them, read stories with them, look at a planetarium, play lots of games, do lots of teasing and have lots of fun!! It made me feel like people out there really love me and are excited to see me, which is beautiful. I realize that lots of people care about me, and this certainly isn't a plea to hear about all the other people in the world that care about me, but it was nice to fill up my love tank and "feel the love" on this holiday weekend!
2 comments:
I loved the video you did with Paul and Anna! Do I dare ask where you got the name "Big H"?
That was really fun! We need to post the other video with the Valentine's Candy. I keep having problems posting it though, so I don't know what to do.
Post a Comment