As you know, I teach middle school science, including biology. Like any good biology class, we got to do some dissections. We dissected a worm, grasshopper, clam, starfish, crayfish, perch and finally a frog. Everything went fairly smoothly for all of the dissections until the frog. Every morning before a dissection, 3 students from each biology class would come to school early and I would dissect the organ


ism and show them everything they needed to identify, they would pass everything off and during class that day, they would each dissect the organism for a group of 10 or so students. Well, one of my experts called me over because his frog had a huge sac in its mouth that he hadn't seen that morning. I jokingly said, "I don't know what that is; maybe he threw up his stomach!" We cut it open and there was nothing inside except a small tube. I looked online to see if I could find something, I asked another teacher and finally I just decided to dissect it out a little more. It turns out that the frog actually did throw up his stomach. In the following pictures you can see the stomach in the frog's mouth as well as the stomach flipped back into the stomach! This may be the coolest dissection I have ever done!PS Becky, this isn't a cryptic message!
No comments:
Post a Comment