Thursday, January 7, 2010
Drill Happy!
Before Christmas, I was not particularly interested in building things...well at least not interested enough to buy any tools! I had no tools. This was a problem for simple things like putting together book cases, hanging a picture or prying out a bobby pin out of the vacuum cleaner. However, the day after Christmas, my brother and Dad and I built some shelves in my brother's cold storage and I became moderately proficient with the power drill. I expressed interest in buying one since they are so useful and let's face it...stinkin' awesome! My very kind brother gave me one shortly thereafter for my birthday. Now, I have an addiction. I don't have anything I can drill holes in, but I have found myself walking around my house and garage looking for something to drill and periodically pressing the trigger to make the melodious drilling noise. Today, I needed some rope and I passed the tool aisle on my way. I couldn't help but look at the beautiful tools that hung before me and wonder what projects might justify purchasing them! Unfortunately, as of right now, I have no projects in the works...but either that is going to change or I am going to have random holes and/or screws all over my bedroom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Sarah! It is so nice to have someone (a female) to share the thrill of excitement that goes up the spine at the thought of power tools! I have been buying tools unter the pretext that they are for Joe for a while now, but he has finally realized that they are really for me... :) That's why "Joe" got an air compressor and power sander for Christmas, actually I think I did let him give me the sander this time...
Post a Comment