Saturday, September 12, 2009

Injuries R Us

Basically anytime I do anything where one could potentially get injured, I take advantage of the opportunity to get a battle wound. Now this is not entirely deliberate, however, it may appear that way. Let's review my summer or injuries, shall we! I went on a Pioneer Trek, and like always, I had problems with my ankles. Surprise? Not really, but I was hobbling around for a couple of weeks afterward! I also bruised my toe and my toenail is starting to fall off! I opened a can of tuna and sliced my thumb open. I wrestled with the nieces and nephews and almost got a black eye from being wacked in the face with a flashlight! I got into my car and smashed my head on the door frame. Someone touched me and I got a big bruise on my arm. I went river rafting and got horrible looking bruises all over my legs. I went on a rope swing and got bruises and scrapes from a poor landing! I went 4-wheeling and got burns on my leg from the motor! I went to school, which seems safe enough, and I ran my toe over with a VERY HEAVY cart of textbooks and broke my toe! When I get hurt like this, I usually laugh about it and try to show off the injury as much as possible, however, this track record makes me a little wary of possible injuries in my not-so-distant future!

3 comments:

The Doig family said...

Sarah, if your roommates are being abusive, you should call the abuse hotline. Don't keep making excuses for them...this abuse cannot continue!

Brooke S said...

Oh Sarah!!!! I can't even think of anything clever to say, but wanted to acknowledge that I read your blog... comments make us feel good... so chalk one up to feeling better... even if you are black and blue....

The Bryner Family said...

Ouch! But what is the title "Injuries R Us"? How makes up the US? You and your body? Becuase that title is catchy. jUst kidding! Hope you feel better! Love your special someone