Saturday, April 4, 2009

I still love my life!!

I have been kind of...well...really sick for the last few days. Last night, I avoided all human contact and just went to bed at 9pm. I want all of you to realize that I probably haven't been in bed at 9 since I was 15, so this was a big deal for me. I feel a little better this morning, but I still felt the need to take some drugs to help me get through conference today. It's funny, though, because I woke up feeling so happy that I felt marginally better.

I found out on Thursday that the enrollment for my school is going way down and they need to let three teachers go. Since I am among several new teacher at the school, it makes me a little nervous. However, I was one of three new science teachers hired at the beginning of the year and I am the administrators' and department chair's favorite because...you know...I come to meetings, I do what I'm asked to without putting up a fight, I'm nice to people, and I don't act like an eighth grader! Since they can't fire three of the five science teachers, I feel like my job is fairly secure, but I'm still not absolutely certain what next year will bring.

Even though being sick and maybe getting fired are not exactly cheerful things to report, I feel pretty good about my life right now. Teaching is going well, boys are going well, roommates are going well, family is awesome, spring break is coming soon, so basically life is great and I have no complaints!! Everything will work out and that's all that matters!

No comments: