Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm a Finally a Real Blogger!!


Hello Friends!! I decided that now that I'm a career woman and finally a real grown-up, it was probably time to have a real blog. As much as I enjoy the blog Anna, Paul and Alyssa made for me, I would like to have a real blog that I actually write on and use to give everyone an update of the life of Sarah.
I'm about to move to Salt Lake, where I got a job teaching 7th and 8th grade science. It was actually kind of a surprise when I arrived at the school on Monday to see me schedule because I was told I would only be teaching 7th science when I interviewed. It turns out I will be teaching mostly 8th grade and one class of 7th grade science. It's going to be a busy year, that's for sure!!! I got to spend some time getting my classroom ready, though, and I'm really excited about it! It will really be a lot of fun!!
It's a little surreal to know that I'm about to start teaching. I have been planning on being a teacher for about a year and a half, but it is a really strange feeling to know that it is really coming. I'm nervous about classroom management and keeping up with everything. I'm also nervous about teaching 8th grade science because I'm not exactly endorsed to teach it. The content doesn't exceed my understanding of science, but I'm not familiar with the core and I'm a little lacking on ideas for labs and activities and stuff to engage the students!
I went to New Teacher Orientation this week and I met two new science teachers in my school and they are so great! They have both been teaching for a while, but they have both recently moved to the area and are new to the district. They have been so helpful and I think they will continue to be great to bounce my ideas off of them and giving me ideas and being great friends! We have made a lot of fun joking around during some really boring orientation!! They're going to help me have a great year. I also have another really good friend who teaches at my school and has been for a long time, that she will also help me have a great experience!!
I have mostly pinned down a place to live up in Salt Lake. I will be living with some amazing friends, and I'll have a private room in a really great apartment. Life couldn't get much better! I will be homeless though for about a week between when I have to move out of my apartment in Provo and when I can move in to my new apartment. That's a little too bad, but it should all work out!
It also feels a little strange to be leaving Provo. I have lived here for six years and I have made so may great friends and I feel very at home here. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled to be leaving Provo; I have been ready to get out of here for a long time, but it is so strange that I am actually going. I'm going to miss the friends that I've made here. I have lived in my current apartment for almost two years and I have made some really good friends here. I haven't been so close to any friends in Provo since I moved here, so it will be sad to leave. It will also be kind of scary to move and have to start all over again (well, you know, except for my roommates!). Anyway, these are some thoughts from The Preteness! I hope you enjoy my blog. I promise that my future posts will be more entertaining; right now I just feel like reflecting on the new turns my life is going to take soon!!

2 comments:

Blake said...

First comment EVER! E-V-E-R! ;D

bunkkiness said...

I'm so excited about your blog! I hope to read lots of amazing stuff on here. And congrats on your first day of teaching today!!!