I have been married for a month and a half now and life is pretty good!! We still get along, don't argue and are even still happy to see each other at the end of the day when Brian comes home. Although we're happy, I wouldn't hesitate that our lives has had some excitement (some good, some not-so-good)
Our beautiful wedding get-away car shown below was stolen last night from right in front of our house.

The handsome man below has been working very long hard hours at work and hasn't been home much! It sounds luxious just to eat dinner with him on a week night.

We get to go on a honeymoon to St Lucia over Spring Break. It cost a lot more than we were expecting because we put it off and airfares got really high because it's spring break for most of Utah. Oh well! We figured we wouldn't ever have a chance to do something as frivolous as this again, so we should do it and have a great time!
I decided to give up teaching after this year, then decided it wasn't so bad after all. The last trimester of teaching (which lasted from about 3 days after I got secretly engaged until 2 weeks after we got married) was the worst teaching experience of my life. Now it was probably largely impacted by the fact that I was distracted and didn't put as much in to teaching as I usually did because I just simply didn't have the time or emotional energy to give my students my entire soul, which is generally required to be a good teacher. Also, I had the worst group of disrespectful, rude unmotivated or motivatable, entitled, argumentative group of students (and parents) I have ever had. One night I came home in tears after a parent tried to chewed me out for being so unhelpful and incapable of doing my job since his son claimed to have come in after school several times to get help and didn't get it and because he had apparently turned in all his missing assignments (which were all later found incomplete in his folder, or in the no name basket I told him to check several times). I really hate dealing with parents like that. Generally, when I see an email or get a phone call from a parent my stomach sinks and I feel like throwing up because I'm always having to defend myself against these parents and fight to stand my ground. I think parents think that because I'm young, a woman and short that somehow they can push me around. It turns out that I have older brothers who tried that and I won't let anyone do that to me anymore! That was the day I decided I was done. Then third trimester started with an awesome bunch of kids and it turns out I like it if the students will just show me a little respect and treat me like a human being. I think I'm in it for one more year and then we'll have to see!
I'll post more photos later. I need to go pick up my new husband at work, since his car has now vanished!
No comments:
Post a Comment